Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years Resolution



Its been about a week and a few days so I'm behind on setting my resolutions for 2012. I think thought should be put into resolutions instead of coming up with a list of things right off the top of your head just before the New Year. Statistics say that by the end of the calendar year less than 12% of people who made resolutions were actually successful with them.

I think the one thing that is missing from setting those resolutions is the intent. People say things but don’t necessarily intend to do them or make the changes they say, they are just words thrown out there because the masses are talking about their “resolutions”. Often times, resolutions have negative aspect associate with them such as having to do without or having to take away something. When you have to do without or give up something for no specific reason that benefits you in shape or form its not very encouraging, nor is it fun. Setting your New Years Resolution should be about be about something you want to do and not something that you think you should or have to do. If you aren't going to feel good about your stated resolution, then don't do it. Don't go overboard with a list either, keep it simple.

I’ve made my list of five things that I want and plan to do in 2012 and intend to the first three on an ongoing basis. The first three are my “I want to do this” and the bottom two are goals that I’m setting.

• Explore the things that I enjoy and make me happy so that I can plan for the changes in 2013

• Encourage others, recognize and thank those who have made some kind of impact in my life

• Enjoy the outdoors more often

• Find different ways to increase discretionary income

• Look at making a good long term investment in either finances or real estate

No comments:

Post a Comment